We are so very excited that many of you will be joining us this Sunday at 9:15 or 10:45 am for Worship on campus. There are many details we want to share with you, so you can know what to expect as you arrive on campus. As we have stated before, if you do not feel it is wise for you to attend in person, or you are in the category of being more at risk, we encourage you to join us online for the livestream broadcast of our services on our Facebook page or through this website by CLICKING HERE. We will show the livestream of both services, 9:15 and 10:45 am.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP ATTENDANCE
· BUILDING SANITIZATION: We have a wonderful team who always does a great job of cleaning our facilities, and they have really gone the extra mile to do the very best we can to sanitize the building and especially commonly use surfaces.
· TRAFFIC FLOW: Park in either parking lot and enter the building through the north ROC (big awning) or south ROC (green awning) entrances. No one will enter through the doors under the Steeple. This will be the exit for everyone. Even if you are running late, all entry will be through the north and south ROC doors.
· SCREENING: Spacing will be indicated on the ground, and a greeter will meet you as you enter the building to take your temperature with a touchless infrared thermometer. You will be asked the following questions. Please consider these before you plan to attend, as a courtesy to others' safety. If you answer yes to any of the following, it would be best for you to join us by livestream.
Have you been exposed to Covid in the last 14 days?
Have you had fever in the last 48 hours?
Have you exhibited any symptoms of Covid:
- Shortness of breath
- Lack of taste/smell
· HAND SANITIZER: Please be prepared to use hand sanitizer as you are entering the building. We will have it ready for you to use.
· MASKS ARE WELCOME: We are not requiring everyone who attends service to wear a mask, but please do so if you feel comfortable. We will have a few masks available, but please bring your own if you have one. For Sunday School: Because of smaller rooms, we are asking you to wear a mask during Sunday School.
· SOCIAL DISTANCING: Please respect others and use social distancing of at least 6 feet. Please also refrain from hugging and shaking hands. You never know what another person's level of comfort is with contact. It's best to keep distance at this point, but please give waves and smiles (with your eyes if wearing a mask - LOL).
· GREETERS WILL WEAR MASKS and will be ready to open the doors to the church building for you.
· ALL CHILDREN'S WORKERS WILL WEAR MASKS
· NO BULLETINS: We will not be passing out printed materials, including bulletins or prayer lists. For online access to the Sermon Notes, please remember that you can access those each and every Sunday through the free YouVersion Bible app, or by clicking on "Sermon Notes" on the home page of our website.
· SEATING IN WORSHIP CENTER: You'll notice that each row is labeled at the end of the row for 9:15 or 10:45 service. Tape will further help you to notice which row is designated for your service of attendance. Our Service Hosts will move the tape between services, with the intent of each chair only being occupied by one person during a given Sunday. Service hosts will be in the Worship Center to assist you with any questions you may have.
· OFFERING: We continue to be so grateful to the Lord for His provision and your faithfulness to give and make it possible for Parkside to continue to minister and serve the Kingdom. As always, we encourage you to give online through the Church Life app or through the website Give page. For those who would like to give in person by cash or check on Sunday morning, there will be a drop box by the door, as you are about to exit the building. You'll be reminded of this option during the service.
· NO INVITATION: There will be a final song to allow time for prayer and reflection individually, however, this will not be a time for people to come down the aisle. We, of course, welcome anyone who needs prayer or counseling to express that while on campus. The way to do this will be to meet Pastor Jeff or another staff member at the front of the Worship Center or Pastor Jerry in the Main Foyer by the Church office. It will be quieter there, and provide the opportunity to maintain appropriate distance. If you would like to kneel for prayer, we encourage you to use this time to kneel at your seat and make that a prayer altar.
· DISMISSAL will be orderly and handled as quickly as possible. This is a great opportunity to display patience. Everyone will be exiting under the steeple and have access to either parking lot. This will help in keeping the flow of traffic moving in one direction.
· FELLOWSHIP OUTSIDE: In the interest of maintaining proper social distance, please refrain from fellowshipping in the building. We encourage you to visit outside.
IN-PERSON SUNDAY SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
We have resumed our full schedule of Sunday School classes for all ages. Please CLICK HERE for details. Again, we are asking everyone age 10 or above to wear a mask while attending Sunday School due to the smaller room sizes. Please know that our children's workers will be wearing masks as well.
GRACE AND UNDERSTANDING
For those attending in person, please remember that not everyone around you will have the same level of health or feelings of concern, regarding the virus. You can't tell by looking at a person what health conditions they may have or what family members they interact with who may be at a higher risk for contracting the virus. Let's remember that differences of opinion on precautions or varying levels of concern should never lead to a character judgment. Let's show grace and understanding to our fellow attendees.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT ACTIVITIES
We have resumed our full schedule of Wednesday evening activities for all ages.
Don't forget that you can still take advantage of Sunday School online. Find out more information on our Sunday School Page .
Even as we begin reopening, these are very different days than any of us have faced. We know this is a lot of information, but we hope that it shows we are being very intentional about taking your health seriously. For those who attend in person, let's come with patience and an expectancy about what God will do in our midst as we gather to worship Him as a church family. And, for those who will join us online, let your neighbors hear you, as you lift up praises to our Almighty God! We love you all and look forward to seeing each of you, when you're able to join us!