Our History

Parkside Baptist Church was originally established as the Westside Mission by the First Baptist Church of Denison. Our first service was held on May 15, 1949, in the auditorium of the Sam Houston Elementary School.

The Westside Mission grew quickly, and in just a few months became a full-fledged church named Parkside Baptist Church. Parkside continued to meet in the Sam Houston Elementary School until its first sanctuary/education building was completed on the northwest corner of Shepherd and Perry Streets.

Even after two additions to the original building, it was determined in 1978 that Parkside needed to relocate to a larger piece of land. A total of 22 acres from Lillis Lane on the east to what is now Highway 75 on the west was purchased and a combined worship center/education building was eventually constructed. The first service in the new facility, which we now occupy, was held on November 6, 1988.

A preschool wing and more education space were added in 1998, and the church purchased eight additional acres bordering the church property on the south in 2003. Parkside has recently completed construction on a Recreation Outreach Center that is providing much-needed space as well as recreation facilities to help reach the community for Christ.

Parkside Baptist Church is known throughout the Texoma area for its loving spirit, friendly people, and commitment to evangelism. Our church family is dedicated to the task of helping people find the Lord.

 

301 N Lillis Ln ~ Denison, TX 75020 (903)465-1686